Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Your (Not-So-) Monthly Update

It's nearly October. Time for pumpkins, costumes and relentless questioning about how many night-night sleeps until Santa comes. Who am I kidding? The Santa questions started two months ago.

School started almost a month ago. Hopefully you received pictures, but if you didn't just click here and visit the photo album.

Harvey loves his class, also known as Hopper Central. His teacher, Mrs. Derryberry (no, I did not make that up) is very artistic, and you know I love that. Once again, I am escaping my motherly duties and getting someone else to do art with my child. Wahoo!

As the BKOC's (Big Kids on Campus), Harvey's class is doing a lot of work that prepares them for kindergarten. He is now writing his name. Although you might not recognize the letters, I can vouch for him. He's working really hard on learning to write and spell. It's so fun.

Harvey also started Tae Kwon Do this fall. He goes to lessons twice a week and yesterday he learned to break boards! Seriously. He broke boards with his fists and feet. Pictures below...

Pete is a full-fledged little boy. His language is exploding, and though, much like Harvey's letter-making, you might not be able to decipher the words, we can translate for you. Most frequently we hear bat, ball, no, mama, dada, bubba (brother), uh-oh, wow, whoa, and bunny. He mimics what we say, too, so occasionally a bigger word pops out of that little mouth. Pete loves to laugh and to make us laugh; he claps, dances, sings and makes funny faces.

Pete is still practicing to be the youngest ever to scale Mt. Everest. Or something. The child is a climber, and he never stops moving. I am not exaggerating. Should you doubt me, I would like to offer you the opportunity to spend a day with Pete and find out for yourself. He is available every day except for Tuesdays. On Tuesdays I pay the nice people at Bethany School to watch him climb the walls.

I'm including a few pictures. As you know, Blogger and I do not get along when it comes to uploading pictures, I have no idea what order these will be in, and I think the alignment is crazy but when I try to fix it Blogger gets upset. The Tae Kwon Do pictures are obvious, I think. And there is one in which Pete is feeding himself yogurt. I think that's obvious, as well.

Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment