Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Uh Huh, A Blog. So There.

For some inexplicable reason, we were kind of anti-family-blog for a long time. And now we really wish we had started one when Harvey was born. We're sorry, Harvey! Trust us, you provide us with blogable moments every day and our lack of blogging was in no way related to your blogability. We just didn't see the point and now, well, now we do.

This venture is as much for Harvey and Pete as it is for our family and friends. Before Harvey was born I thought I would remember every little detail about my babies. And then I became a mom in practice, rather than a mom in theory, and reality came rushing in, taking the shape of stinky diapers, sleepless nights, first steps, first tumbles, first words and so, so much joy that it is impossible to remember it all. Again, our apologies to Harvey for not doing this sooner. I promise I wrote down a lot of stuff about your infancy and we will share it with you, should you ever be interested. You just won't be able to find info prior to today in a neat, searchable archive.


I'll update as often as possible, certainly as often as there is news or general adorableness to share. From now on rather than emailing you pictures, we will post them here. Check back regularly to see what the boys are up to and to see whether Mark and I are still in charge around here. It's possible that the inmates could take over the asylum any day now...

This will be a private blog for invited friends and family only. Random weirdos will not be able to stumble across our blog by Googling the words "young boys"! We only want the weirdos we know and love to read our updates. If you discover that we have a mutual friend - or family member - who has not been invited to read our updates, please let me know. It's not a snub. It's an oversight due to the fact that I haven't had a really, really good night's sleep since way before Pete was born.

I debated: Should I provide some historical info? Should I include old pictures, a retrospective, to catch us up to the current date?

And I concluded that it would be impossible for me to stop once I started. I would have no idea how far back to go. We would end up at my grandparents' baby pictures and stories about their first day of school.  So we're starting here, now, today. But I have no pictures from today! So I'm breaking my own rule and posting a few from this week. That's as far back as I'm going, though. From time-to-time I will probably include some older photos of the kids for comparison's sake.

Thanks for reading our blog!

This is Pete, right after he rolled over for the first time on Sunday, September 6. He has rolled a few more times since, but hasn't caught on to the fact that rolling is useful for getting places. He is still fairly shocked every time he manages to flip from one side to the other.


And this is Harvey, on his first day of school. He's in Ms. Carolyn's 3-year-old class, The Bunny Class, this year. It's our third year at Bethany School and I cannot believe it! So far he has had a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment